Traveling is always a part of our life. When you decide to travel to another country, there are precautions you should mind. Safety in all areas must be considered. Even before you embark on that trip, the safety measures start already.
First, research from the internet basic information about the country you are planning to visit. Know its culture and traditions, especially its taboo practices. Look for its present news status. Is there a security alert in that area? Consider the political and rebel situation as this is a reality in some countries. Inquire from others who have been to these places and learn from their experiences. Aside from these views, here are some tips on traveling safely to another country:
1. Have the necessary vaccination prior to your travel. Also, contact your health insurance agent regarding their international coverage in case you need to be admitted in the hospital while abroad.
2. Have triple photocopies of important documents like I.D.’s, driver’s license, passport, medical records, birth certificate, plane tickets, insurance documents, and any papers relevant to your travel. Have these in your bag or pocketbook.
3. Leave some of the necessary above documents to a friend or relative and the second copies keep it in your hotel room or safe.
4. Contact a travel insurance and have their services in case of lost or stolen items while you are traveling.
5. Be sure to have copies of important family, emergency, and other contact numbers like your national embassy, family doctor, hotel, and others. Save it in your laptop, notepad, and cellular phone.
6. Choose a hotel with a transportation service which can transport you from and to the airport.
7. In choosing your hotel room, pick one in the middle part of the building such as one in the 4th or the 7th floor. This is farther from any possible threats. Also, ask information from the hotel desk for the location of fire escapes in the building.
8. E-mail your contacts your itinerary for the day. That way, someone has an info of your whereabouts.
9. When doing your tour, do not attempt to haphazardly tote your laptop or use a transparent bag with cellular phones and wallets inside visible.
10. In countries where beggars abound, avoid giving them money as others will surely crowd on you for their share. Also, there may be a local law banning the giving of alms in public.
These tips will be a great help in traveling safely to other countries. Stick to it and enjoy your stay.